Qualification: B. Arch, University of Bombay, 1971
Designation: Asst. Professor
Lab: Design lab
Involvement: Visiting Faculty
Areas of expertise: Residential & Commercial Architectural Design.
Teaching profile (subjects): Architectural Design.
After his graduation from J.J. School of Architecture, University of Bombay in the year 1971 he joined Life Insurance Corporation of India and worked under eminent personality Charles Correa for a year. He then started his individual practice in 1973. During his vast experience of about 45 years, he has to his credit some iconic structures. He has designed Residential, Commercial, Educational Projects, Hotels and some Master Planning Projects too. He has always been keen on attending to every detail involved in designing, has a very sharp business mind and also possesses very good listening skills. Most of the clients are builders, but he always gives a second thought to a design keeping in mind the end users point of view.
Director at VKa architecture, Pune. Projects of special mention (Completed):
- First 12 Storey Residential Builiding “Success Towers” for State Bank Nagar Co-op. Hsg. Soc. Ltd. at Panchvati, Pashan, Pune. Completed 2000.
- “Parmar Trade Centre” at Sadhu Vaswani Chowk, Pune . Completed 2001.
- “Rohan Garima” at Senapati Bapat Road, Pune for Roahan Builders, Pune. Completed 2003.
- “Kapil Malhar” for Shree Bal Developers, Pune Completed 2004.
- “1 Modibaug” a luxurious residential scheme adjoining Agricultural College, Shivajinagar, Pune for City Development Corporation. Completed 2005.
- ”Rututang” at Parvati, Pune for M/s. A. G. Joshi & Co., Pune Completed 2007.
- “Kapil Abhijat” for Shree Bal Developers, Pune Completed 2008.
- “Kapil Aasmant” for Shree Bal Developers, Pune Completed 2008.
- “Oval Nest” located at Warje, Pune has a very unique feature of a cricket ground. Completed 2010.
- “Blossom Boulevard” (Phase – I) at Koregaon Park for Darode Jog Group. Completed 2011.
- “Abhiruchi Mall & Multiplex” at Vadgaon Budruk. Completed 2011.
- “Integrated Multilevel Parking Plaza” situated at Pune Railway Station (Junction) connecting Parking Building through subway to Pune Station Building Completed 2011.
- “New Administrative Building” for Pune Zilla Parishad, Pune. Completed 2011.
- “9 Green Park” at Sahakar Nagar, Pune for Amit Enterprises. Completed 2011.
- “Nandan Prospera” at Balewadi, Pune where a Sky Lounge on the 8th floor had been introduced. Completed 2012.
- “Parking Plaza” for Pune Municipal Corporation in it’s premises at Shivajinagar. Completed 2013.
- “Kalpataru Estate” at Pimple Gurav, Pune for Kalpataru Properties Pvt. Ltd. Completed 2013.
- Bungalow for Mr. Abhay Gadgil at Karve nagar, Pune Completed 2013.
- Bungalow for Mr. V. S. Krishnan at DSK Vishwa, Dhayri, Pune Completed 2015.
- “Kalpataru Splendour” at Wakad for Kalpataru Properties Pvt. Ltd. Completed 2016.
- “PRATHAM” (Vinchurkar Wada) at Narayan Peth ” for Paranjape Schemes. Completed 2016.
Projects of special mention (On-going):
- “Redevelopment of Bharatshree Society” ar Erandwane, Pune (108 Flats) for Darode Jog Group.
- “Blossom Boulevard” (Phase – II) at Koregaon Park for Darode Jog Group.
- “Nandan Prospera” (Phase – II) at Balewadi, Pune for Nandan Buildcon.
- Campus Planning for Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Sanstha at Ambegaon Narhe, Pune.
- Master planning for College Campus at Rahatni, Parbhani for “Vishwashanti Dnyanapeeth”, Parbhani.
- MHADA Township (Phase-III) at Pimpri, Pune.
- “Indradhanu” Township at Solapur.
- “Nirmaan Serenne” at Undri, Pune for Nirmaann Encon, Pune.
- School and College Building at Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Sanstha, Karvenagar Campus, Pune.
- Schemes for “Nandan Buildcon” at Nasik.
- A few redevelopment projects in Pune.
- “Nirmaan Estrella” at Kondhwa, Pune for Nirmaann Encon, Pune.
- A few Bungalow projects in Pune.
- “Chlorophyll“ at Baner for Swasti Infrastructure Developers Pvt. Ltd., Pune.
- AESA Awards 2000 for innovative & unique creation of “Success Towers” at Pashan for State Bank Nagar Co-op. Hsg. Soc.
- Builders Association of India Award 2001 for “Parmar Trade Centre” at Sadhu Vaswani Chowk, Pune.
- AESA Awards 2006 for the project “Kapil Malhar” (Phase–I) at Baner for Shree Bal Developers.
- Award for Excellence by Institute of Urban Transport (India), New Delhi for Best Multi-modal Integrated Project for Sub-way and Parking Plaza for Pune Municipal Corporation in the year 2008.
- AESA Awards 2010 – Jury Recommendation Award for the project “Saraswati” (A scheme of luxurious flats).
- Artists in Concrete Awards (AICA) for 2 Categories : SPACE PLANNING & SAFE ZONE- 2011 for the project “Nandan Prospera” at Balewadi, Pune for Nandan Buildcon.
- AESA Awards 2012 – for the project “Nandan Prospera” at Balewadi, for Nandan Buildcon.
- AESA Awards 2012 – Jury Recommendation Award for the project “PRISM” (Bungalow at Bhugaon).
- AESA Awards 2015 – for the project “The Lattitude” at Kondhwa, for Ahura Builders.
- “Special Jury Recommendation” Year 2015 by Association of Consulting Civil Engineers, Solapur – Ultra Tech Award. For the project ” INDRADHANU TOWNSHIP” at Solapur.
- “Well Built Structure Award” in the Residential Bungalow Category by Builders’ Association of India, Pune Branch for the project “PRATHAM” (Vinchurkar Wada) at Narayan Peth, Pune.
Visiting Faculty at BRICK School of Architecture at Undri for the past 3 years. Has also been a Jury member for a number of Institutions.
Field of Interest:
Enjoys travelling a lot and a big fan of cricket.